We all have quirks. Maybe you collect nutcrackers or love to quote movie lines. Discover more freedom by learning to accept yourself and the idiosyncrasies that make you special.
Benefits of Embracing your Quirky side.
- Live authentically. You beat to your own drum instead of following the crowd. Spend time doing what you want, meaningful things to you regardless of what other people think. Let your true genuine nature shine through. You’ll attract people who appreciate the real you.
- Boost your confidence. Feel comfortable in our own skin. Take pleasure in who you are and what you do. Follow your passions regardless of the current trends.
- Develop your skills. You quirks maybe trying to tell you something. Let them lead you to your natural talents. Maybe you have a flair for painting or car repair.
- Become more tolerant. Coming to terms with your own “weirdness” can help you be open-minded about others. Show your support for a friend who is learning to carve fertility gods or training for a hotdog eating contest.
- Enjoy free entertainment. Your quirks can be funnier than any reality show. Laugh at yourself, invite others to join you.
- Manage stress. Your weird habits may offer constructive clues for ways for you to relieve stress. Do you find yourself baking or listening to music when you are feeling stressed?
How to embrace you weird side
- Examine your eccentricities. Distinguish between strange habits that are causing difficulties for those around you and those that are harmless. For example, binge drinking may require some professional help. On the other hand, building ships in a bottle maybe a rewarding hobby.
- Accommodate others. Even if your quirks are innocent in themselves you may need to limit them. Your partner will thank you for signing in the showers instead of at a dinner party.
- Turn down the volume. Reflective quiet alone time will help you get in touch with your quirky side. The old adage, dance like no one is watching, comes into play – find out what you like to do when no one is watching.
- Look back. Thinking about how you were when you were a kid can be reveling. Have you hidden interests to make others happy?
- Question conventional wisdom. Independent thinking can trigger all sorts of breakthroughs.
- Broaden your horizons. Having the courage to be original can lead you to new adventures. As you try new thing you increase your knowledge of yourself and your surroundings.
- Develop informed options. Keep in mind some opinions are more valuable than others.
- Lighten up. Relax and let go of rigid expectations. Follow your quirks to design the path best suited for you unique abilities.
Embracing your weirdness, your quirks make your more interesting and accomplished. Stop hiding them and celebrate them (you don’t have to share all of them with everyone, be discerning). When you embrace your own weirdness you embrace independent thinking and this opens you up to more opportunities! Use quirks to expand your future.